Saturday 16 October 2010

The truth about Dandelion

In my first post, when I was ‘celebrating’ my first caffeine free month, Evelyn commented on my post that I should try roasted Dandelion coffee. So I did! Today was my first time and I must tell you that although Evelyn praised the Dandelion latte she makes mine tasted more like water that attempted to have some kind of flavour. But I am not the one to give up after my first cuppa, am I?  So I tried a second cup, this time with a hipped teaspoon of the granules I bought and I started to feel something that reminded me the taste of Fennel.  Only on my 3rd cup of Dandelion coffee could I say that the taste is fine but I couldn’t compare it to the taste or smell of coffee in any way.  However, as it has so many benefits I thought I should drink it daily.  The coffee is made of the root of the Dandelion plant and has effect on the digestion system, the lever and helps when there is water retention in the body and more.
I must say that buying the coffee in an instant granule form was putting me off a little. So I searched and found a website, that one day when I have a bit more time, I will definitely try following the instruction they had for making your own coffee. But you guys do not have to wait for me and can do it in your own time http://www.prodigalgardens.info/dandelion%20coffee.htm

Be healthy,

Orit

No comments:

Post a Comment