Sunday 17 October 2010

The confusion about sleep

I have been really busy since starting the blog and adding some commitments into my busy life as a full time employed mum. I admit to being tiered!  And what is the point in quitting coffee drinking if I am going to damage my facial with luck of sleep?
My research about the subject got me really confused. I have learnt that best relaxed sleep for the body must be on top of the range pillows and mattresses,  that the best position for a relaxed sleep is on one side. On the other hand, I have learnt that sleeping in any position apart from on your back causes sleep wrinkles that are shaped from the pressure of the face on the pillow.  One Dr said a full night sleep is not important and naps through the day are good enough and other researches promote six to seven hours’ sleep. 
So I’ve decided to follow my own guideline. And that is: Get to bed by 11pm!  Oops! Its already 11pm now!  But it is really important and the main six reasons as explained by Harvard Health Publications of Harvard medical school (http://www.health.harvard.edu/press_releases/importance_of_sleep_and_health) are the effect of sleep on     learning and memory, metabolism and weight, safety, mood, cardiovascular health and disease.  As I care about all of the above, I am going to bed soon.

Good night everyone!
Have a restful sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment