Monday 18 October 2010

Back to the 80’s

I am not fat but after 2 kids I have this blubber around my belly that I’d rather see shed away. So I sought advice from a fitness instructor who exclaimed: the blubber will stay unless you will burn it off! That can be done by either starving oneself, which I am not going to do or burn it up with aerobic exercise. It’s that simple math equation that if you burn more than you eat you’ll loose body fat.
I checked out the facts and options about aerobics on http://www.weightlossresources.co.uk/exercise/aerobic_exercise.htm and was persuaded immediately. I would like to increase my energy levels! I would like to release endorphin in my body which reduces stress! And I would like to increase my heart and lungs efficiency!
Since I become my kids’ chauffer I’ve decided to act upon it.
Outdoors activities and gym options were out of the question due to time limitation and poor weather. But there was also the option of indoors activity, which I can do in my own time. Bingo!
The personal trainer recommended Davina Mccall latest DVD http://www.amazon.co.uk/Davina-Fit-DVD/dp/B002KSA4HE .
It threw me back to the 80th when I was practicing Jane Fonda’s aerobic video. But I liked it! I sweated a lot (good sign!!) and I could choose which area I want to work on without compromising. The DVD is divided into half hour sections that are targeted onto one area but are working on the rest of the body at the same time. I am intending to do it 3 times a week with the option of extending it.
And yes, it was really difficult climbing up and down the stairs the next day… :-)

2 comments:

  1. Im currently considering the burn more than consume issue.... ok, so you're bigger, so you require more, but you're maintaining not growing, so ok... not 100% literal... past that... what did you do as a kid, run around for 4 hours straight, climb this, jump that, spin that, slide that.... what do you do now... sit on ass, spin on chair, slide the mouse along the desk, climb the walls in desperation... not the same is it.... ok, so BE A BIG KID... and let yours ramp you up when they got energy....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its a good point and i am very active with my kids but somehow it didn't work for me. As i said, i am not overweighted, just need some tightening here and there.

    ReplyDelete