Sunday 24 October 2010

Healthy habits for better life

I’ve been reading an article recently about 13 healthy habits to improve you life (http://www.webmd.com/balance/features/13-healthy-habits-to-improve-your-life?page=4). I must say that most of the habits mentioned in the article are either already part of my life or I am in the process of improving myself.

There was one thing that strike me and that is that I do not have a hobby!
Wikipedia definition for hobby ‘… is an activity or interest that is undertaken for pleasure or relaxation, typically done during one's leisure time.’

I always put down as hobbies Yoga, reading, dancing and gardening. If I am being honest with myself, Yoga is more a way of life and so is reading. I can’t remember the last time I went out dancing and I couldn’t really call the few plant pots I have "gardening"… so I got to the realisation that I actually don’t have a hobby.
As I am trying to improve my life, and this is the idea behind this blog, I decided to think of a hobby I can incorporate into my life. It didn’t take me long to figure out what it will be. About a month ago I got myself a beautiful Singer sawing machine. I was planning to do something with it but one thing led to another, and then I had a small accident and needed new material for the idea I had. Up to this moment, apart from shining it, as it is a very old machine, I didn’t do anything with it. So this will be my new hobby! I need to do a lot of learning as one can probably count on one hand the sawing I was doing on my mum’s sawing machine, but I don’t mind it at all. In fact, I love the fact that I have something new to learn about.
Once I’ll finish my first little project I will post it on the blog.

How about you? Do you have a hobby?

No comments:

Post a Comment