Sunday 7 November 2010

Putting it to the test!

I didn’t give up on the blogging in the past four days. In fact I really missed it! But I wasn’t at home and although with my laptop couldn’t get a moment  for the blog or concentrate properly.

I was away with my family due to plumbing problem that forced us out of the house.  We had to deal with driving 22 miles to and from school each way  instead of the usual 5.5 miles, crumbing a whole family into one bedroom at a relative’s house and trying to get as much information and professional support at the same time.

I wouldn’t lie. It was stressful and very tiring. However, I did my best not to take the stress on the kids and in fact tried to learn from them. They enjoyed the camping like atmosphere. They  lavished on the none limited television viewing hours, that we used a bit as a baby sitter, to get what we wanted done and in general enjoyed being with the family.

So I decided to follow all my advise previously in the blog and first directed myself to being grateful. And truly, I was very grateful to have my close relative whom I get along with very well to accommodate us. She was a great source of support. I was grateful for sleeping together in one massive bed with the kids as we all like that. I was grateful for having such wonderful kids that didn’t make any issues about not living in their home without their toys and teddy bears and I was grateful to have my husband as a solid anchor to my drifting self.

The second thing that I did was to try and smile as much as I can. One of the ways I found to uplift the moral in the car when stuck in traffic on the motorway was singing to the kids. I noticed that my youngest son kept on asking for more and the older one either joined along or, when I made up words, referring to our family, to a familiar tune found it very funny and asked me to repeat it as well.
I functioned on high adrenaline and when Friday arrived I was so exhausted that I went to bed at 9:30 pm and didn’t even put my usual fight with my inner self ☺.

So my general feeling is quite good. I am a little tiered still but I feel great for the way I handled the situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment