Monday 8 November 2010

Keeping a promise

Before we moved out of London I promised myself I would develop in certain areas of my life. One of them was practicing meditation regularly.

Why meditation?
There are so many researches about the subjects and they all come up with positive affects on the human body and mind.  Some research shows that regular practice of meditation trains the brain to reach different emotional and mental states. Others show that the area of the brain that is affected mostly by meditation is the one that is associated with happiness and positive feelings. Some researches shows a positive effect on the heart and blood pressure and others pointed to the fact that regular practice reduces the release of a chemical called Cortisol, which is related to stress and over eating.

So all the good reasons are there and yet I am still not doing it!

I could say that time is my main constrain. They say it is best to meditate first thing in the morning but I am already up really early as it is. It’s time to compromise again. Just as I did with my Yoga practice and I am so glad I did as from no Yoga practice I am now practicing regularly.

Starting from tomorrow I will practice meditation every evening after the kids fell asleep.

Wish me luck and support me in spirit as I personally find this target extremely difficult to achieve. 

Thank you  x

No comments:

Post a Comment